- Applied Biological Sciences (Applied Biological Sciences)
- Applied Biological Sciences (Applied Ecology and Preveterinary Medicine)
- Applied Biological Sciences (Secondary Education in Biology)
- Applied Biological Sciences (Sustainable Horticulture)
- General Studies
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Interdisciplinary Studies (Organizational Studies)
- Liberal Studies
- Organizational Leadership (BA)
- Political Science
- Science, Technology and Society
- Technical Communication
- Applied Science (Technical Communication)
- Minors and Certificates
- The Writers’ Studio
- Letters and Sciences Excellence Academy
- Programs by Location
- future students
- current students
Classes are limited to 19 students or fewer, designed for active learning!
UNI 150: Major and Career Exploration
This is the first course in the series. Start a journey to explore who you are, discover your options, and decide a major and career!
In this class you will:
- Take assessments and clarify your interests, passions and personality.
- Develop skills to research the majors or careers you are considering.
- Use information gathered to make a good decision.
- Create a plan for academic and career achievement.
UNI 250: Choosing a Major
Prepare for academic and professional success. Develop the skills you need to make a thoughtful choice that will lead to satisfaction and success academically and professionally! Prerequisite: UNI 150 with a C or better.
- Develop a major and career goal that tap into your potential and motivates academic excellence.
- Focus on networking skills.
- Learn about and prepare for internships.
- Write a professional résumé
UNI 270: Career Direction for a Successful Future
Explore factors that influence personal decision making and develop workplace skills. Prerequisite: UNI 250 with C or better.
- Discover personal strengths for educational and career goal setting.
- Develop skills in creating and accomplishing goals.
- Demonstrate teamwork and leadership skills.
- Identify the key skills that employers seek and you need to develop.
Search for the perfect UNI course to fit your schedule.
|Courses for website 4-10-15 (1).pdf||102.12 KB|